The listed administrative building was constructed between 1912 and 1914. It was used by Deutsche Bahn AG until 2015. We have completely renovated the four-story building from the inside and outside, thus creating a property in which individual office concepts can be realized.
The refurbishment measures included: renovation and renewal of the windows and doors, renovation of the building shell with thermal insulation plaster, installation of a new building technology, renovation of the roof including thermal insulation. In addition, a loggia with a glass facade was built between the second and third floors. The two floors are now connected by a spiral staircase. On the roof floor, the visible wooden supporting structure is particularly striking, forming a clear contrast to the modern installations. In addition, a wooden deck will be added to the outside facilities.
In November 2017, we concluded the first lease agreement for the property. During renovation work, a provider of building services opted for 1,078 square meters of office space on the ground floor and first floor and for 134 square meters of storage space in the basement.
The second and last rental unit in the historic building was also quickly occupied: A mechanical engineering company secured the remaining 890 square meters of office space and 140 square meters of storage space.